Seeking refuge in the gym or going on a food-less weight loss journey is not the only stop to lose weight and obtain the desired body shape. With a newfound passion for yoga, you can also seek haven in its aesthetic poses.
Yoga is much more than a bunch of poses! It is a form of physical exercise that works on the central belief of well-being of the core. With each activity being an assortment of postures and breathing techniques, you are driving your body, mind, and soul to a state of relaxation.
Why Choose Yoga?
There are different types and positions in yoga, and each of them has its benefits. Some help in reducing stress, some might help you get a good night’s sleep.
That’s right, along with many other benefits, it will also help lose that extra weight. You can shed around one to two pounds per week by doing yoga, and regular yoga might help you prevent gaining weight as well.
(NOTE: Factors like sleep cycle, food lifestyle, etc., also play an essential role in losing weight and yoga).
On top of it, yoga classifies under mild exercises, i.e., exercise that does not exert much pressure on the body. Hence, you can perform yoga from almost all walks of life without fearing injuries. But having a personal trainer or joining a workshop may prove better as you can understand the basic nuances of how to perform specific postures.
Getting a personal trainer will also help you to stay right on the path of reaching your goal. Keeping your motives in mind, they’ll help you perform targeted postures to help you achieve your dream faster.
Types Of Yoga For Weight Loss
Power yoga is very useful in burning those extra calories to lose weight. It is not the regular yoga type as it is more like a cardio-vascular workout than light stretching. Along with weight loss, it also increases concentration, boosts metabolism, tones the body with improved strength, stamina and flexibility.
Some Of The Best Poses For Power Yoga:
- Surya Namaskar, also known as the sun salutation, concentrates on your body’s core muscles. It can be performed as a warm-up exercise or in a power yoga session.
- Garudasana (the eagle pose) is a perfect pose for losing weight for those who want thinner thighs, legs, arms, and hands.
- Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana, also known as the one-legged downward facing dog, will help you overcome your weight troubles by breathing, toning your hands, legs, and thighs.
- Savasana (the corpse pose) is the most critical pose at the end of your power yoga session. It helps in relaxing your muscles and prevents them from damage.
In hot yoga, the yoga poses are complex and in a heated room. This speeds up the rate of your heart, which in turn helps you to burn more calories. Hence, it is considered one of the best cardio workouts. Along with losing weight, it will also help you in increasing your lung capacity, burning a ton of calories of your body, and getting rid of toxins from your body.
Some Of The Best Poses For Hot Yoga:
- Pranayama, also known as deep breathing, is done at the start of the session as a warm-up as it helps in concentrating.
- Ardha-Chandrasana, with Padahastasana (also known as the half-moon with hands to feet), helps your body stretch appropriately before getting started with intense poses.
- Dandayamana-Dhanurasana, also known as the standing bow-pulling pose, helps in improving strength and flexibility. It is also the only pose that allows blood to flow from one side to the other.
- Salabhasana (the locust pose) helps stretch your entire body and tone buttocks, hips, and legs.
Hiring A Personal Trainer? Is It Worth It?
It is a personal decision that one needs to put some thought into before prepaying. A personal trainer may give you private lessons, which may help you reach your goal more efficiently. They will motivate you, provide tips on doing things, be your exercise companion, etc. They might not be cheap, but here are some of the reasons for hiring them nevertheless:
- They will evaluate your progress and make necessary changes to give you more optimal results.
- They will help you to make realistic goals and reach them with proper assistance.
- They will help you stay motivated by challenging you.
- They will correct you if you are doing something wrong while exercising before you hurt yourself as you get the trainer’s undivided attention.
- They will also ensure that you are following a proper diet as well as proper sleep.
If you are a beginner and are confused about reaching your goals, having a personal trainer will help.
Yes, yoga will help you shed the extra pounds. Still, along with yoga maintaining a healthy lifestyle, proper diet, and sleep are also necessary to get optimal results. With little help, you can reap great benefits, especially if you are a novice in the field.
Since the personal trainers have certifications after undergoing mandate training programs, they are well-versed in addressing beginners’ queries to professionals. Hence, invest wisely in your health so that you can reap benefits for a long time.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Statement: AgingHealthyToday.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We may earn a commission if you make a purchase through one of our links.