Even though you’re not overweight, belly fat can cause a lot of trouble in your daily life. Let’s start from the smaller picture, your favorite clothes won’t fit you like before, and the worst part now – the risk of chronic diseases increases. It is seriously harmful. This type of fat is known as visceral fat, which is the most significant risk factor for type 2 diabetes, heart conditions, and other factors. Let’s face it; your belly fat didn’t grow overnight. It happened due to stressful days at work, one or many cheat day meals, or skipping those workout sessions.
Now for those who think it’s tough to lose belly fat, yes sure is, but nothing is impossible if you follow proper lifestyle and workout plans. Now, this doesn’t have to be fancy; all you need to do is work out regularly, whether in the gym or by yourself, and eat what is strictly nutritious. Here we’ve tried to mix diet and workout tips that will help you to shed that marshmallowy fat.
Start your day early
Don’t let those extra hours in bed snatch a perfectly flat stomach from you. While getting enough sleep is essential, sleeping excessively can result in more calorie intake during the day. Too little and too much sleeping is linked to excessive belly fat. According to a study, those who slept past 10: 45 AM ate more sugary and salty foods than those who got up early. Also, according to some researchers, those who head out of the home early had lower BMIs than their counterparts.
What Diet Tips to Follow?
- Say yes to Protein – We’d say protein is your best friend in terms of weight loss. Studies show that it can reduce cravings by 60 % and boost metabolism up to 100 calories. That means you’ll eat around 441 fewer calories in a day. Adding protein to your diet could be the most significant change you can bring to aid your weight loss process.
- Protein raises your metabolic rate, so you don’t lose muscle mass while losing weight. Make sure you include a good source of protein in your diet, such as :
- Dairy (avoid these if you’re a vegan)
- Whey protein
In short, eating a fair amount of protein can increase your metabolic rate and reduce hunger levels.
- Limit your Carbohydrates – Besides eating healthy food, it’s essential to avoid what’s unhealthy. That’s why eating fewer carbs is necessary for shedding belly fat. Many studies back this fact; when people cut carbs from their diet, their appetite reduces, and they lose weight.
According to studies, a low carb diet helps to tone the abdomen and around the liver. Here we are talking about avoiding refined carbs such as bread, candy, and sugar. This should be enough as you’re taking enough protein.
- Say Yes to Fibers – Want to know what the secret of a slimmer stomach is in less time? Eat as many fibers as you can in your daily diet. Adding the right fiber-rich food to your diet can aid in reducing belly fat. You can add these food items to your daily diet :
- Whole Grains
- Flax Seeds
Soluble fiber has an essential role in your weight loss as they mix with water and form a gel-like substance in your gut that keeps you full during the day. This gel slows down the digestion process of your body and prolongs fullness. If you’re thinking about taking fiber supplements, it’s vital to consult a health provider first.
Exercise is the best way to live a long, healthy, and stressful life. Weight training, HIIT, Cardio, etc. can help you to shed belly fat. You can add the following to your workout routine :
- Vertical Leg Crunch – 12 to 16 crunches in two or three sets.
- Crunches – 10 crunches per set and two or three sets daily.
- Deadlift – 6 reps per set and 3 to 5 sets
- Squats – 5 reps per set and 3 to 5 sets.
- Chin Up – 5 reps per set and 4 sets.
Track Your Food Intake
Most of us know what we eat is important, but how many of us know what exactly we are eating? One may think they are eating a low carb or fiber-rich diet, but it’s quite possible to overestimate or underestimate the amounts without proper track. Here we aren’t suggesting measuring each and everything you eat but to track the food intake for quite a day in a row to get an adequate idea. You can use a calorie calculator or many free online tools to count on your calorie intake.
A Big NO to Sugar and Sugar-Sweetened Drinks
Whether you are trying to lose weight or not, added sugar is harmful to you. Eating a lot of these food types can cause weight gain in anyone. Also, your metabolic health suffers due to added sugars in condiments, canned goods, candies, and energy drinks. Sugar consists of half glucose and half fructose, and when you eat a lot of added sugar, your liver is compelled to convert the fructose into fat.
Would you believe it if we say liquid sugar is worse than solid? Our brains don’t register liquid calories in the same way as solids, so you end up consuming more calories. By liquid sugar, we mean sweetened beverages and soft drinks. The best practice is to read the labels of whatever you purchase to make sure you aren’t consuming added or refined sugars.
Get enough restful sleep
Nothing seems to work with a chaotic mind. You won’t be able to concentrate or complete a task if your mind is not stable. To keep your mind healthy and steady, it’s crucial to get plenty of sound sleep. Sleep deprivation is linked to weight gain, so if you’re having trouble sleeping, you should consult your doctor and tell them to help you with this.
Our Final Words
There is no instant or magic solution to lose belly fat. Everybody is different and so are their body needs. You should understand what your body demands and act according to it. Weight loss requires effort and a strong commitment on your behalf. But it’s important to know that the process takes time, and we have to set realistic goals to achieve. We hope a few or all of these tips will help you to lose those stubborn extra pounds around your stomach.