8 Ways To Catch Covid-19 Outside

In this article, we will talk about places to avoid now that your city is reopening. You now get the opportunity to get back to normal and enjoy all your city has to offer. You can connect with friends but the key is to avoid unwanted exposure to coronavirus. COVID-19 can easily be transmitted from person to person. Read this post about the 8 ways to catch coronavirus when outside so that you are prepared and can protect yourself.

#1 Crowded Areas

Now that more parks, trails, beaches, sidewalks, markets, and streets are open, these areas will be more densely populated, making people closer to each other. It would be a good idea to avoid such densely populated areas. You should consider carrying around a mask, in case you find yourself in a situation where you are surrounded by people.

#2 Personal Items

Think about all the surfaces you touch. Once you touch something outside or inside it can easily be transferred to a personal item. We are all aware of our phone but also consider your glasses. Coronavirus can live on hard surfaces for up to three days, this is why it is so important to clean your personal items regularly so that you can protect yourself from transferring germs onto items like your phone or glasses.

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

The 6 Best Fitness Tracker Options of 2020

6 ways to Prevent Back Pain

34 thoughts on “8 Ways To Catch Covid-19 Outside”

• Follow the guide lines stop thinking it is a Hoax. Your life could depend on that. Stay out of crowds. Wear your mask. Keep your distance, protect your family and friends. Sneeze in your arm at the elbow, I would shop with gloves surgical ones when touching fruits and vegetables especially or anything you never know. Wash your hands after many things, going to bathroom, touching railings, avoid shaking hands. The more we do what protocal is the faster it will die and not you. Retired nurse

1. Or maybe start to build up antibodies in everyone! We have it in us to do that. We can’t keep destroying all germs, because, 1. They are always out there, and 2. Our bodies need them to build up protection. We don’t need alot of scare tactics nor to have our freedoms taken away, and to be thrown in jail. All of this will pass!

• I left 3 very “spot on” comments! I’m waiting to see how they will be moderated. I hope not along political lines because what I wrote is the plain truth. A lot of voices in this country are being silenced!

• The US was shut down with 1,000. Cases of Corona Virus. Then 3 months later after people have been on stay at home orders and mask wearing in stores we have 115,000. Cases and you open up. How the hell does that even make sense???? This whole thing is bullshit to bring in there New World Order. Everybody will see soon.

• You are incorrect!!!
          The country did not shut down. People did not wear masks or socially distance. Many followed the line of stupid leaders who did not tell the truth or listen to scientists who tried to explain that viruses change and you need to take precautions before they become pandemic.
          Anyone who took biology knew that this was going to be severe based on what was happening in Italy and other nations.
          Also use a dictionary to learn to spell “their”.

• Except you don’t build up antibodies to a novel virus. Novel means “new”. You only build antibodies if. you’ve been exposed, caught the virus and survived it. And even at this point we don’t know if the antibodies will last more than weeks.
      It’s more likely that a vaccine will stop the novel COVID-19 virus, but with mutations, the various CDC’s of the world will have to come up with variations of the vaccine to keep up with the mutations which are already occurring.
      I think the issue is not freedom. It is social responsibility. On a family scale, it is taking care of your parents and grandparents. On a social scale, it is being cautious and respectful so that you protect every member of society, particularly older people who are more vulnerable and likely to die if exposed.
      And let’s keep it real. Not a lot of Americans have gone to jail for not wearing a mask. Have they?

• True to a certain degree and I would not play with this virus as they cannot be cured. Bacteria we use antibiotics and virus you play by the rules or the consequence your choice. I chose to use my brain and play by the rules.

• I would continue to use hand sanitizers as you don’t need more than a few drops and worth it. Make sure it has a name you know and not a generic just my opinion it makes a deference. Retired OR nurse stay safe

2. Not many people would think twice if their doctor told them their tonsils had to come out. To most it would be an easy decision. OK! there’s a 1% chance of dying from the procedure and it goes higher taking into account complications following the surgery! We are approaching the same death rate as the annual flu of approx. .1% and we don’t close our economy and put perhaps up to one third of all small businesses out of business! I’m sure most of us are seeing the empty storefronts and the boarded up stores and the out of business signs and I’m sure we all know many, many businesses that will never reopen. They provide about 49% of all jobs in America. What a sin!

• The CDC has done a study and there are close to the same amount of deaths in 2020 as in other years – some more and some less.

• Hi Robert,

I always read the comparison of Covid-19 to the flu. My question: If there is no flu vaccine what would the rate be in comparison with the Covid-19? I’ve googled the question and can’t get a definitive information. I’m a musician and I am totally devastated financially by the pandemic. Thanks….

3. I’m in New Jersey. Our exalted Governor is keeping restaurants closed despite the fact we had the 3rd highest number of cases and deaths but are now almost at 0 deaths per day!. We saw a slight uptick in R0 from .86 to 1.03 and he immediately announced he was pushing the openings out further. Did he actually think cases would decline as we opened??!! Idiotic! We are now less than 30 deaths per day of over 9 million residents and myself and 9 million others are being kept at bay and are still having our constitutional and civil rights violated. I don’t care about anybody’s politics. This is just wrong and it’s playing politics while continuing to put more small businesses out of business every day. That is many people’s entire lives, life savings, and only means of putting food on the table. I’m 6 miles outside of NYC and we still live in a ghost town!

4. Unless you die or someone you love dies because you passed it to them unknowingly. Or unless you or someone you love gets so sick, that they must go to the hospital for months. I am not willing to take that chance.

5. Except everyone doesn’t have the immune system capable of keeping the virus down to a small roar in their bodies… So… this is we do things to reduce exposure! God common sense reminders. Thanks.

6. I for one am not taking any chances with this disease, and I’m not even especially high risk. But I’m staying home until there is a treatment or vaccine. I’m not sacrificing my health for the economy.

7. Just use common senseIf you are out and about keep hand sanitizer with you to use after touching things people that are infected may have touched i.e. door handlees, carts, gas pump handles, pin pads, etc. Personally I avoid using cash because I have no idea how many people have handled that money they give you in change. If not for yourself do what you can to help protect the young and the elderly who are most at risk.

8. There is one problem in comparing this virus to the flu. Every time I’ve ever known a friend who had the flu, they were coughing/sneezing sick etc. or home in bed. I knew to avoid them. But with a virus that has an approximate 40% asymptomatic rate, then every time you leave the house (pre mask/shield days) a human being is at risk, and for the most part, that is how it spreads. Add to that politics that have entered it (you’re a Libtard if you want to quarantine, you’re a Qanon disciple if you want to reopen the world). As much as I believe the entire pandemic thing (I lost a thriving air bnb business that is 40% of my income) has not been well run, no plan, anytime you ask someone to wear a mask they scream about their “liberties,” half of the city (1 million people) I live in appears out of work and the university is losing money, many will be furloughed, food prices going up, gas prices are down, stock market though is through the damn roof (hmmm!) nothing is open and half of the stores are currently shuttered, people are working from home, (is that the new world order you’re talking about?). Had we really been the United Stated (emphasis obviously on united) then had everyone quarantined with a mask (you in New Jersey, like I believe even with staying at home that no one went out, nobody was wearing masks back then etc.). Again, the difference between flu is you can see sick coming at you and try to duck, you can avoid going out if you’ve got the flu, but if you have something that you don’t feel but will kill someone else it’s a script out of sci fi film. So take a breather from judging people. It’s been a mess, living in Montana is different than living in Arizona, etc. Not all states have it the same way, not all people are affected in the same way. We should break up this country. There is no sense of efficiency.

9. First of all I’m tired of people telling me they know best because they are, or were in the medical field. Second everyone knows by now that it is real but the numbers are so over inflated. Their funding depends on it. And third. I’ll take care of myself and you take care of yourself. Okay?